French Immersion Program
French Global Citizenship and Immersion Program
Now registering for 2021!
Our GCI Program is by far our most popular travel program at Bon Voyage! This program is in partnership with our partner school CAVILAM in Vichy, France.
Our 2021 program is now open for registration!
2021 Program Dates:
– We have TWO programs from which to choose in 2021 (dates TBD but will be in July and August tentatively)
- Two Week Program
- Four Week Program
Global Citizenship Course Details:
This program is open to students entering grades 5 and older
A brand new special program for children entering grades 1-4 coming in 2021!
This program includes a is a self-study class focusing on Global Citizenship and Multicultural leadership. This class shows students the importance of understanding how we are tied together as citizens of the global community and how our challenges are interconnected.
Students will be presented with different challenges to carry out in the community, projects, and engage in thoughtful discussions.
High School credit available for students entering 6th-12th grades- 1 year of foreign language for the two-week program and 2 years for the four-week program. Plus an additional credit is offered through Bon Voyage.
Students have the possibility of receiving one full year of foreign language credit for high school by completing this course. This course is open to students ages 12 to 18 years old.
- Students 11-15 participate in our Junior Program.
- Students 16 and older participate in our Intensives Program.
- New program for students entering 1st through 4th grades coming in 2021!
Curriculum focuses on the following competencies from UNESCO:
To acquire knowledge, understanding and critical thinking about global, regional, national and local issues and the interconnectedness and interdependency of different countries and populations.
To have a sense of belonging to a common humanity, sharing values and responsibilities, empathy, solidarity and respect for differences and diversity.
To act effectively and responsibly at local, national and global levels for a more peaceful and sustainable world.
France Travel Lead
Program prices include:
- Round trip Airfare to Paris
- Stay with a host family
- Intensive French immersion courses (students are placed based on age, ability, and experience)
- All meals, including lunch in Cavilam’s school restaurant each day, plus meals in Paris
- Organized and guided cultural activities in the afternoons (see list to the right of examples)
- Three days in Paris with Bon Voyage leaders
- One year of continuing French study through Bon Voyage French School
2021 Program tuition:
There is a $500 registration fee that must be paid at the time of registration to hold the student’s spot on the trip. The remaining balance can be split into equal monthly payments or paid in full at the time of registration. Those who choose to pay in full at the time of reservation will receive a 10% program discount.
Two Week programs:
- $5000 per student for early bird registration before December 1, 2020
- $5500 per student after December 2, 2020
Four Week Program:
- $6500 per student for early bird registration before December 1, 2020
- $7000 per student after December 1, 2020
Because we work with European organizations, the exchange rate with the Euro can affect the cost on our end. While we try to price the trip based on trends from the previous year, sometimes there are some surprises and we may need to raise the cost of our European portion slightly. Registering early will ensure that you will benefit from the lowest exchange rate possible.
Examples of organized cultural activities that are included:
- Saturday – Leave US
- Sunday – Arrive in Vichy
- Monday – Historical Vichy Visit
- Tuesday – Introduction to Pétanque in the afternoon
- Wednesday – Excursion to Clermont-Ferrand
- Thursday – Regional food tasting
- Friday – Sports in the afternoon and dance in the evening
- Saturday – Historical visit to Bourges
- Sunday – free time to spend with host family
- Monday – Touristic visit of Vichy
- Tuesday – Sports
- Wednesday – La Chaine du Puys, ancient Roman dome surrounded by volcanoes.
- Thursday – French cooking class
- Friday – Evening Dance
- Saturday – Leave Vichy
- Saturday and Sunday – visit Paris with BVFS chaperones
- Monday – Return to the US
2019 Bon Voyage Immersion Trip Photos
2020 Immersion Program
Hear from our Alumni!
Payment Schedule, Cancelations, and Refund Policy
- The registration fee assessed per person is non-refundable. It is required in order to secure registration on this trip. The Registration Fee is $500.
- You may use up to $1000 in Charter Funds by coding it as Global Citizenship Immersion Program Semesters 1 and 2.
- Early Registration ends December 1, 2020.
- This educational travel experience is limited to a small number of participants and is capped at 15. Registration will remain open until March 10th or until the spots are filled, whichever comes first. This program is extremely popular and tends to fill very quickly.
- The registration fee and all payments are not refundable for any reason (with the exception of COVID-19*). No replacements or roster changes will be made after April 15th.
- There are NO REFUNDS (however in the case of COVID-19, we will work with you*)
- Fundraising opportunities are available to all students. It is up to the individual student to secure funding. It is not the responsibility of Bon Voyage World Languages Academy to ensure that students participate in fund raising. Students may also raise funds on their own through activities of their own design.